Security is a major concern for businesses in Dubai, and to make sure that security stays tight and no loopholes in Dubai’s security are left, Dubai’s government is taking many initiatives. One such initiative is making SIRA approval mandatory in Dubai for security.
The SIRA NOC (No Objection Certificate) was not initially required. Some well-known commercial businesses used to seek SIRA certification in order to attract more visitors and generate revenue. However, SIRA accreditation for CCTV systems is now required for all businesses. Fines will be enforced if the CCTV systems are not properly installed and the requirements are not followed appropriately.
Today, we will discuss more about SIRA approval for security and whether a SIRA NOC to renew a license in Dubai is required.
What Is SIRA NOC?
The full form of SIRA is Security Industry Regulatory Agency; it is Dubai’s regulatory organization in charge of monitoring the security industry. It was formed as part of the Dubai Police Department to guarantee compliance with security requirements, improve the quality of security services, and create a secure environment for residents and tourists.
A NOC is a (No Objection Certificate) that SIRA issues to individuals and businesses as a green flag for their installed security system, indicating that the company or individual has passed the SIRA test. Moreover, a NOC is required to assist in a variety of licensing processes.
Importance of SIRA-Approved CCTV Cameras in Dubai
Security cameras that undergo the SIRA test can be labeled as the best for protection because of the following reasons:
- For enterprises in Dubai, CCTV cameras certified by SIRA serve as attentive guards, monitoring every area of your property. Their very presence can discourage potential wrongdoers, lowering the chance of security breaches.
- SIRA-approved CCTV cameras adhere to the Security Industry Regulatory Agency’s high regulatory criteria. Their approval guarantees that legal and ethical criteria are met, giving businesses and people peace of mind.
- SIRA-approved CCTV cameras are subjected to thorough evaluations to ensure their dependability and consistency. Their high-quality film enables precise monitoring and rapid reaction to security problems.
- The sheer presence of SIRA-approved CCTV cameras discourages potential criminals and illegal activity and contributes to a safer environment.
- SIRA-approved CCTV cameras offer real-time surveillance when integrated with monitoring centers. This allows for a faster reaction to occurrences, reducing risks and guaranteeing a safer environment.
- SIRA-approved CCTV cameras provide crucial evidence that supports investigations and assists law enforcement in identifying suspects in the event of a security breach.
- SIRA-approved CCTV cameras aid businesses by protecting important assets and property. The cameras prohibit theft, damage, and unlawful entry, therefore safeguarding the company’s interests and reputation.
- SIRA-approved CCTV cameras help public safety by monitoring crowd movements and identifying possible threats in public locations such as malls and transit hubs.
Do I Need a SIRA NOC to Renew My License in Dubai?
A SIRA NOC is required to renew your trading license in Dubai. The government imposes severe penalties on businesses that fail to comply with this rule, including the suspension of their trade licenses.
The auditor’s PASS report is essential for current enterprises to get a SIRA NOC to renew their trade license. Similarly, SIRA will grant a NOC for a new trade license only when a SIRA inspector has authorized the deployed surveillance system.
How Can I Get a SIRA NOC in Dubai?
In order to obtain a SIRA NOC (No Objection Certificate) in Dubai, numerous stages and conditions must be met. Below are the steps you can take to obtain a SIRA NOC:
1. Prepare Your Documentation
Determine the specific kind of SIRA NOC you require based on your security-related activities. Make sure you have all of the necessary paperwork, such as a trade license, business registration, and passport copies.
2. Online registration
Create an account on the official SIRA website (https://www.sira.gov.ae/).
Submit the necessary papers and information using the online portal.
3. Fees Payment
After the online application, payment must be made depending on the type of SIRA NOC you are applying for, whether you are applying for SIRA approval for the first time or a SIRA NOC to renew your license in Dubai.
4. SIRA Will Review Your Application
Your application and documentation will be reviewed by SIRA to verify that they fulfill the appropriate requirements and standards.
5. SIRA Will Conduct Inspection
Depending on the kind of SIRA NOC, an examination of your premises or security setup may be performed to guarantee regulatory compliance.
6. Issuance and Approval:
SIRA will grant the NOC if your application satisfies all of the conditions and passes the inspection.
After approval, you may pick up your SIRA NOC from the designated SIRA office.
However, to make your process hassle-free it is advisable that you work with a SIRA-certified security installation company in Dubai. They may help you out with the application process from the preparation to the issuance of SIRA NOC.
Moreover, a SIRA-Certified CCTV installation company can help you out with the updated rules and regulations laid by the Dubai government and help you choose the appropriate security installation for your business minimizing the chances of application rejection by the SIRA.
You can connect with Gear Net Technologies LLC to help you out with your SIRA approval. The company’s employees will assist you in filling out the application and submitting the required papers.
In case, if you obtain a “Fail” certificate, they will implement the adjustments recommended by the auditor and prepare you for reapplication.
Connect with us on Whatsapp at +971585811786 to learn more about our services.