Which is the best CCTV camera for night vision?
CCTV cameras have become a part of our lives. Whether it is a residential, commercial, or industrial area, you will find CCTV cameras. While some of them are placed hidden so that they remain out of sight, others are installed in a way that everyone can notice them easily. Since most crimes, thefts, and offenses happen at night, it has become extremely crucial to install CCTV cameras in Dubai with night vision. Having CCTV cameras with day and night vision reduces the chance of robbery and other illegal activities, making the area more secure and safe.
In this guide, we will share some of the best CCTV cameras with night vision for UAE homes and businesses.
But, before that, let us help you understand why it is critical to have proper surveillance during the night so that even if you change your mind later, you know what you will lose when opting out of night vision cameras.
Why Install CCTV Cameras with Night Vision?
There are various solid reasons to install CCTV cameras with night vision on your property. Some of these critical reasons are:
- Can monitor activities in daylight, in low-lit conditions, and even in completely dark environments
- Produce high-quality resolution images taken during low-lit and pitch-black conditions
- Help deter crimes, especially burglaries, theft, and vandalism as most criminals and offenders avoid places that remain under day and night surveillance
- Gives you peace of mind and a sense of enhanced security
How Does a CCTV camera with night vision work?
A night vision camera also called an IR camera, has a series of LED light bulbs that spread out evenly around the camera lens. These LED bulbs are specially designed to produce invisible infrared light – which is found on the red end of the color spectrum. When installed correctly, these LED bulbs act as a powerful lighting source in dark conditions.
The amount of infrared light is sufficient to make the camera see what’s happening in a specific area and is weak enough to cause harm to anyone.
Infrared light helps scan a dark room or area and identify everything that falls inside its range. As a result, an IR camera or CCTV camera with night vision can record the area without causing any distraction.
While some night vision cameras produce black and green shots, advanced night vision cameras produce black and white images. You should look choose the latter ones because it is easier for human eyes to distinguish between black and white tones.
If there is any existing visible light source in an area, the camera lens will detect and absorb it, and increases the visibility of digital night vision cameras, leading to improved image quality.
What are the best CCTV cameras for night vision?
List of Best CCTV Cameras with Night Vision
Dahua 8MP TiOC
Dahua 8MP TiOC is counted as one of the best CCTV cameras with night vision. It is a three-in-one camera that comes with 24/7 monitoring, active deterrence, and artificial intelligence. That’s why it is also called a smart night vision CCTV camera. This camera first detects the objects, filters non-target objects such as animals and leaves, and then notifies if anything seems suspicious. Its algorithm is more accurate that detects targeted objects precisely and hence, reducing the problem of false alarm systems.
- 8MP 1/2.8” CMOS image sensor
- Low luminance and high definition image
- 256 codec, ultra-low bit rate, and high compression rate
- Built-in warm light, IR LED
- IR illumination distance: 30 meter
- Intelligent monitoring, abnormality detection, and sound and light alarm
Dahua 8MP Night Color 2.0 Fixed Lens Network Bullet Camera
It offers Analytics+ functionality which has significantly improved its accuracy and reliability. It is ideal for various applications as it can operate in any lighting condition. Besides, it comes with an IP67 rating which ensures that it is suitable even for challenging environments.
- 1/1.2” 8MP progressive scan CMOS sensor
- Triple stream encoding and AI coding
- Smart H.265+ and Smart H.264+ video compression
- Ultra-wide dynamic range of 140 dB
- Built-in microphone and speaker
- Enhanced power and data transmission distances with ePoE
Hikvision 4K ColorVu Fixed Bullet Network Camera
It takes high-quality, full-color video 24/7 with the same sharp rendering at night time as it does in daylight. ColorVu technology delivers clear imaging with vivid details for video evidence. Besides, this camera comes with improved alarm accuracy for real security threats and video search efficiency, and takes the security above and beyond.
- 1/1.2″ Progressive Scan CMOS image sensor
- High-quality image resolution (3840 × 2160)
- 24/7 colorful imaging
- Targets on human and vehicle classification (based on deep learning)
- Smart supplement light with a range of 60m
- High security
Hikvision TandemVu 7-inch 4 MP Dome Camera
Hikvision has a great night vision camera that helps you capture a large area and provide great details simultaneously. It supports WDR, HLC, BLC, and 3D DNR for defog, regional exposure, and regional focus. It has active strobe light and audio alarm to warn intruders off on the property.
- High-quality imaging with 4MP resolution
- Uses DarkFighter technology to provide excellent low-light performance
- Helps secure an area with 25x optical zoom and 16x digital zoom
- Expansive night view with up to 200 m IR distance
- Supports 24V AC and Hi-PoE
UNV ColorHunter IPC3638SE-ADF28 (40) K-WL-IO Network Turret Camera
This night vision camera from Uniview guarantees video with colorful details when you need them and also provides smart intrusion prevention which is possible due to the increased accuracy of feature extraction.
- 0 Super large lens to collect 4 times the amount of light as F2.0 aperture
- 8MP High image resolution
- Built-in Mic
- Audio and alarm
- Ultra 265/H.264
- Support MicroSD card
- IP67 and IK10