5 Reasons of Choosing HPE ProLiant Gen 10 Plus Servers
We recently discovered that HPE has released a number of Plus servers. So, do we need to upgrade our old HPE servers to the new generation HPE ProLiant Gen 10 Plus Servers? Let us go over some of the reasons.
1.Companies are undergoing digital transformation
In order to turn data into insights and innovation capabilities, today’s enterprises require differentiated and workload-optimized technologies that provide low latency, flexibility, and high performance.
According to IDC data, the digital transformation of the economy accounts for 20% of global GDP1, or approximately 19 trillion US dollars in 2019. While the global health emergency (COVID-19) changes the way of life and work, digital transformation will accelerate over the next 5-72 years.
According to Forbes, in 2019 and 20203:
- 74% of businesses intend to modernise and digitise in order to support next-generation business models.
- 70% of businesses intend to develop new digital business models and revenue streams.
Automation and artificial intelligence are expected to be used by 66 percent of businesses to create new labour models.
- 73 % intend to create a unified digital customer experience.
- 75 % will continue to use remote offices.
- Worldwide Digital Transformation Strategies – IDC Special Intelligence Service, IDC Special Intelligence Service, August 2019.
- IDC, August 2020, Worldwide Digital Transformation Investment Trends and Highlights in a COVID-19 World.
- Forbes, Digital Transformation Statistics for 2019 and 2020.
2. Benefits of HPE ProLiant
HPE ProLiant servers, as a well-known server brand, offer the following advantages:
- The HPE ProLiant series introduced the first X86 standard server, rack server, and blade server.
- For the past 80 quarters, it has been the first in the global market.
- With 30 years of technological advancement, cumulative sales have surpassed 40 million units.
- Supplier component pre-audit testing and internal product testing are strictly enforced.
- 3 million hours, 96 hours
- More than a million customers have been served in total.
- The most effective management tool iLO & Oneview
- Custom BIOS, SmartRaid, and Smart Carrier
3. Highlights of HPE ProLiant Gen 10 Plus Servers
HPE servers will drive the next wave of digital transformation, laying the groundwork for an intelligent computing foundation for hybrid cloud and introducing new computing capabilities for modern digital enterprise transformation. HPE ProLiant Server will provide the following benefits:
- Workload optimization that is unrivalled
- Complete security safeguards
- Automation of intelligent management
- Provision of high-quality services
ProLiant DL110 Gen 10 Plus, ProLiant DL360 Gen 10 Plus, ProLiant DL380 Gen 10 Plus, Apollo 2000 Gen 10 Plus, Apollo 6500 Gen 10 Plus, and other HPE Gen 10 Plus models are available.
Features of DL110 plus, DL360 plus and DL380 plus:
|Series||ProLiant DL110 Gen 10 Plus||ProLiant DL360 Gen 10 Plus||ProLiant DL380 Gen 10 Plus|
|Designed for||Telecom server suitable for open RAN||Rack optimized intensive solution||Accelerator optimization solution|
|Application||5G infrastructure, access
Baseband processing, fronthaul edge
Physical, virtual, containerized
|Software defined storage, AI/ML
Media streaming, structured data analysis, NFV
|Highlight||Optimized for telecom vRAN workloads
Thinner chassis (17 inches)
|Significantly improve NVMe SSD support
Rich storage backplane layout
Slotless HW RAID M.2, NS204i-r adapter card
|Significantly increase storage capacity
Broad coverage of drive rack/disk product portfolio
AROC/OCP channel recovery module
4.HPE ProLiant Gen 10 Plus Servers are equipped with the latest Intel processors
The HPE Gen 10 Plus series is powered by Intel’s most recent Xeon Scalable processor. Let’s take a look at Intel’s third-generation processor development history:
|2nd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable||3rd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable||2nd Gen Intel Xeon Scalable|
|1-8 Sockets||4-8 Sockets||1-8 Sockets|
Cedar island platform
Eagle Stream Platform
|Coming later this year:
|Next Gen DL Boost: AMX
Silicon Powered On
The performance of Intel’s new-generation Whitley platform will be enhanced in four ways:
- 80 maximum dual-socket processor cores, with high computing performance, will boost performance by 50%.
- I/O is improved and the bandwidth of a single channel is doubled with 128 dual PCIe 4.0 channels.
- Memory bandwidth expansion, 1.6 times the bandwidth increase, 8 memory channels with a maximum speed of 3200MHz
- Maximum memory capacity of 12TB, large memory capacity, 2.66 times capacity increase
We believe that HPE servers will benefit from excellent Intel processors.
5.Both HPE DL380 Gen 10 Plus and DL360 Gen10 Plus perform better than the old series.
|Series||ProLiant DL380 Gen 10 Plus||ProLiant DL360 Gen 10 Plus|
|CPU||Up to 2 Intel Ice Lake CPU
Support Up to 270W
|Memory||Up to 32 memories
One CPU supports up to 6TB
Support 16 and Optane persistent memory
|Hard Disk||Up to 36 SFF
Up to 20 LFF
Up to 32 NVME
|Up to 10 SFF, SATA/SAS/NVME
Up to 4LFF, SATA/SAS
|PCIe Slot||Up to 8||Up to 3|
As previously stated, cash companies require low-latency, flexible, and high-performance servers, and HPE ProLiant Gen 10 Plus series servers can meet all of these requirements. If your budget allows it, we recommend upgrading to the most recent series right away!
If you want to purchase HPE ProLiant Gen 10 servers, please go to: