< tbody >
|Model:||Cisco 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch NIM with PoE Support NIM-ES2-8-P|
|Detail:||Cisco 4000 Series Integrated Services Router 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch Module NIM with PoE Support NIM-ES2-8-P|
|Product Description||8-port PoE/PoE+ Layer 2 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Switch NIM|
|Form Factor||Single-wide NIM form factor|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||0.8 x 6.2 x 4.8 in. (2.1 x 18.8 x 12.2 cm)|
|Weight||149g (0.33 lb)|
|IEEE protocols||● Gigabit Ethernet: IEEE 802.3 and 10BASE-T
● Gigabit Ethernet: IEEE 802.3u, 100BASE-TX, and 1000BASE-TX
● IEEE 802.1d Spanning Tree Protocol
● IEEE 802.1p CoS for Traffic Prioritization
● IEEE 802.1q VLAN
● IEEE 802.1X Security
● IEEE 802.3x Full Duplex
● IEEE 802.3af Power over Gigabit Ethernet Standard
|RFC||RFC 2284, PPP Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)|
|MIBs||● RFC 1213
● IF MIB
● RFC 2037 ENTITY MIB
● BRIDGE MIB (RFC 1493)
● OSPF MIB (RFC 1253)
● ETHER-LIKE-MIB (RFC 1643)
|Manageability||● SNMP and Telnet interface support delivers comprehensive in-band management, and a CLI management console provides detailed out-of-band management.
● An embedded RMON software agent supports four RMON groups (history, statistics, alarms, and events) for enhanced traffic management, monitoring, and analysis.
● A SPAN port can mirror traffic from one or many ports to another port for monitoring all eight RMON groups with an RMON probe or network analyzer.
● Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) reduces the cost of administering software upgrades by downloading from a centralized location.
● Two LEDs per port provide convenient visual indication of the port link and PoE status.
● Crash information support enables a switch to generate a crash file for improved troubleshooting.
● Show-interface capabilities provide information about the configuration capabilities of any interface.
|Connectors and cabling||● 10BASE-T ports: RJ-45 connectors, two-pair Category 3, 4, or 5 unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cabling
● 100BASE-TX ports: RJ-45 connectors; two-pair Category 5 UTP cabling
● 1000BASE-TX ports: RJ-45 connectors; two-pair Category 5e and Category 6 UTP cabling
|LED indicators||● Link status LED: One LED per port for indicating link status
● PoE LED: One LED per port system for PoE status indication
|Internal power supply||Optional PoE system power supply available for all Cisco 4000 Series routers|
|Internal redundant power supply||For the Cisco 4431 and 4451 routers only|
|DC power support||● DC system power input available on the Cisco 4351, 4431, and 4451 routers
● PoE option not available with DC system power input
|Software support||Minimum Cisco IOS-XE Software Release 3.15 for Cisco 4000 Series routers: IP Base License of the Universal image|
|32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)|
|Operating humidity||10 to 90 percent, noncondensing|
|Nonoperating temperature||-4° to 149°F (-20° to 65°C)|
|Operating altitude||15,000 ft (4,570m)|
|Regulatory compliance, safety, and EMC||When installed in a Cisco 4000 Series router, the Cisco Gigabit Ethernet LAN Switch NIM meets the standards (regulatory compliance, safety, and EMC) of the router itself. Refer to the data sheets for the Cisco 4000 Series routers for more details.|